Mobile Roll Lifting Equipment
We’re different than your typical lifting equipment supplier.
We don’t offer products, we offer solutions.
Solutions that are not only built to increase to your productivity and ensure the safety of your workers, but also will integrate seamlessly with your existing work flow.
Customized Roll Lifting Solutions
Engineered Ergonomics designs and builds mobile roll lifting equipment that is designed and built to meet your needs.
Our ergonomic experts will review your payload specifications, your work flow, and your current work process, which includes:
- Area of work space
- Work environment - requirements and regulations
- Roll size, diameter, weight and material
- Functional needs including capacity, lifting, rotating, securing and releasing payloads
We’ll then recommend a roll lifting solution that can be used easily and effectively by your existing staff.
Extensive Industry Experience
We have designed ergonomic roll lifting solutions for a wide range of requirements. From small applications to high-capacity needs, we have expertise in a wide variety of work flow processes.
We have outfitted clients with customized roll handling equipment in numerous industries, transporting a variety of payloads, including:
Built to Integrate with Your Process
Every roll payload has unique handling requirements. From the weight, material, and size of rolls that need to be transported, to your specific work environment and processes, Engineered Ergonomics offers customized lifters, accessories and end effectors to create the perfect roll lifting solution. Some of the tooling and systems that we offer for our roll lifting equipment include:
- Core Expander - Lifting is initiated by the tooling expanding inside the core of the roll. Allows user to pick up rolls from a vertical position or horizontal positions.
- OD Gripper - Designed for applications where the core of the roll needs to remain open. OD grippers use a gentle, controlled force to pick up large rolls, without damaging the product.
- Anti-Telescoping Attachment - Stabilizes the outer wraps on a roll that are prone to telescoping. The Anti-Telescopic attachment is manually operated and offers the user the ability to stabilize rolls prior to them being rotated for placement onto spindles.
- Wash Down Enclosures - Stainless steel frames and enclosures that are IP 66 compliant and can be cleaned with a hose or power washed with various cleaning solutions.
- Explosion Proof - This option provides for Explosion Proof enclosures for the control panel, Power Pack (batteries) w/ Charger along with motor(s) for ATEX Compliance in European Zone 1 and US NEC 505 Zone 1 Hazardous Locations. For other certifications please contact us.
- Low-Built Legs - Allow mobile lifters to access rolls from machines with under a 4” clearance height.
- Spacer Pallet - Spacer pallets are used to provide clearance for lifter legs. Place shipper pallets on the aluminum spacer pallet. These are also available with rotator rings allowing operators to position loads in specific locations.
- Roll Grip Pad Turntable - After pick-up, rotate rolls 90° via a manual turntable. This provides access for spindles, shafts, etc. Also use this feature to realign flap orientation. Locking detents can fix the rotation angle at customer defined points.
While these are some of our most popular end effectors, accessories and systems for our roll lifters, this list is not exhaustive. Engineered Ergonomics specializes in design and developing customized lifting solutions for our customers. Please contact us to discuss your specific application today.